Bike Trip to Duluth (and other things)

 I'm currently sitting on the comfiest couch in Mike and Deb Watters' basement. I never thought I'd see my middle school Sunday school teacher again, let alone sleep over at his house in Duluth, but here I am. 

The boys, namely Josh, James, and Matthew, just biked from Minneapolis all the way to Duluth yesterday, a whopping 160 miles. It was cold, wet, and windy, but they survived. EJ, Tina, and myself treated ourselves to pastries and coffee all day while staying indoors and then met the boys in Duluth for celebratory pizza before toppling into bed for the night. 

Elizabeth is doing well, I believe. She's pretty low in my pelvis, and I know that because she's been kicking me in the bladder and what feels to be my butt hole over and over again. I hope she moves back up, because it's much more entertaining to see my stomach roll around than it is to feel like my bladder is going to explode every five seconds. I am having many more Braxton Hicks, which is only slightly concerning, and my goal is to just rest and drink a bunch of water to ward them off. We'll see how well that works.

We moved into the home that we'll take Lizzie back to after her birth in August and where she'll grow up for the first two years of her life. The little two-bedroom in St. Anthony is sweet, spacious, and everything it should be. We're so excited to be parents, to love on this little girl, and to raise her to love Jesus. 

Life is as it should be. I am content. 

Baby bump - 25 weeks!

Monthly Sam's Club trip. Hot dogs are life. 

Buying shit we simply don't need. 

May 6th, 2023, 3:30 am. Let's go biking, boys. 

And they're off! Stone Arch Bridge to Duluth = 160 gruesome miles. 



























Comments

Popular Posts